Thursday, May 7, 2009

Somesul Cald River

This river is a larger transilvanian river and a very famous one in Romania, and flows from east to west in the western Carpathians...Year by year, it hosts one of the most popular flyfishing competition in Romania, called "The Golden Trout"... despite the fact that we don't have any golden trouts here:)I have found some older pics on some scratched cd of mine flyfishing the lower part of this river and gotta say they made me smile a little.....oh well maybe a little more :))...The upper part is a pure wild trout and greyling water...
...a nice brownie on a hot summer day ... Another one caught at the "Golden trout" event ......and a beautiful greyling this time..not caught by me but I'm happy to have the picture...Although I remember I wasn't really throwing too many tight loops in the past... ...I also remember some of the nicest wild brows catched and released on some of my old custom crafted rods......hope they are still there...

No comments: